Napolitana Pizza Dough by ilFornino
This is a simple but authentic Napolitana Pizza Dough Recipe from ilFornino. All you need is flour (double zero), yeast, salt, water and olive oil. The ingredients are simple. According to the Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana, the genuine Neapolitan pizza dough consists of wheat flour (type 0 or 00, or a mixture of both), natural Neapolitan yeast or brewer's yeast, salt and water. In our recipe we are adding olive oil.
Napolitana Pizza Dough by ilFornino New York Ingredients:
- Caputo 00 Red 7 1/4 cups (1 and 3/4 bags)
- Fresh Yeast 0.35 oz (fresh block yeast)
- Sea Salt 1.94 oz (sea salt not fine table salt)
- Olive Wood 0.70 oz (for real napolitana you might want to skip the oil)
- Filtered Water 4 1/4 Cups lukewarm (fiji water will work great)
Steps to Follow:
- Mix and blend all the ingredients together to make the dough.
- Place the dough in an airtight container and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- After that make the dough balls of equal sizes and rest them for 6 to 8 hour at room temperature.
- Now your dough balls are ready for making Pizza... Enjoy!