Cook White Pizza Blanca Recipe in Woodfired Oven
Posted by ilFornino New York on 9th Jan 2020
Share This! Choose Your Platform!
Cook a White Pizza - Pizza Blanca Recipe in your Wood Fired Pizza Oven by ilFornino
We are using the ilFornino Elite Chef’s Edition to cook our white wood fired pizza. The ilFornino Elite Wood Fired Oven is a traditional Pompeii shaped dome that locks the heat in for the ultimate cooking experience. It is a traditional Neapolitan that will make you cook like a true Pizzaiolo.
For the Pizza Blanca (White Pizza) -
- Stretch the pizza dough into a circular shape. Keep in mind that you want to make the dough as round shaped as possible during the initial stretch.
- Add your Ricotta Cheese. You can add as much ricotta as you like but just remember less is better with wood fired pizza.
- Add a mixer of Mozzarella and Provolone cheese.
- Use your 12” square ilFornino Pizza Peel to slide the pizza in the oven.
- Use your 6” round ilFornino Pizza Peel for rotating pizza in the wood fired oven.
The right tools are key in cooking like a professional. In this video, we are using the ilFornino 12” square peel with the 36” handle as well as a turning peel. The 6" round turning peel is one of the most important peel in wood fired cooking.
Procedure of cooking Pizza Blanca (White Pizza) is Wood Fired Pizza Oven -
Cooking time should be 90 seconds. You might have to dome the pizza. Once you place the pizza in the ilFornino Elite Chef’s Edition let it sit until you see the crust starting to rise then spin it 45 degrees and make sure you return it back to the same spot. After 10 seconds, spin again and keep on spinning it until it is fully cooked from all sides.
Take the pizza out of the oven it is now ready to serve. Enjoy and make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram. We are also happy to let you know the ilFornino Pizza Academy we will be hosting classes every month. We have several great classes. Our Pizzaiolos come from Italy to teach you how to make traditional Neapolitan and Roman-style Pizzas. Join our newsletter to get alerts about upcoming classes and events. For More Recipes Click Here.