Today we are showing you how to make a classical Eastern European Wood Fired Pizza. This pizza is amazing and has a totally different flavor profile. If any of you have traveled to Eastern Europe you will know that distinctive taste. For all of you who have not traveled to Eastern Europe, I will try to describe that distinctive taste. This recipe has eggs and milk in it, very similar to a biscuit in richness. Whole eggs can be added to the dough to provide better browning characteristics to the dough and to some extent also provide a richer flavor. The dough will roll out very easily since it is a soft dough. It is best rolled out by a rolling pin rather than hand stretching.
Ingredients for the Eastern European Dough Recipe:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 2.5 pounds
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1.7 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- +1 Cups of warm water if it needed it.
Making the Pizza Dough:
- Add the warm water and yeast in a bowl. Let the yeast activate.
- Add all the ingredients in your dough mixer and need it for 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rise while covered for about 2 hours at room temperature.