Have you ever considered freezing your pizza dough? It might seem like an odd idea, but there are actually quite a few benefits to it! Check them out below:
Benefits of freezing pizza dough:
- Convenience: You can make a big batch of pizza dough and freeze it in individual portions for future use. This means you always have pizza dough on hand when you want to make a quick and easy meal. A real life hack, place portioned dough in an oiled bag and seal it tight.
- Save time: By making a big batch of dough and freezing it, you'll save time in the long run. You won't have to make fresh dough every time you want to make pizza.
- Improved flavor: Some people believe that freezing pizza dough can actually improve the flavor. This is because the yeast has more time to develop and create flavor compounds.
Non-benefits of freezing pizza dough:
- Texture: Some people find that frozen dough can have a slightly different texture than fresh dough. This can be improved by allowing the dough to come to room temperature before using it. Take your frozen dough and let it get to room temperature for 4-6 hours before using it.
- Storage space: Freezing dough takes up space in your freezer, which may be an issue if you have limited space.
Overall, freezing pizza dough can be a great option for busy people who want to save time and have pizza dough on hand whenever they need it.