This delicious, single-serving wood-fired oven-baked lasagna recipe is easy to make. So, follow along and bake the best of lasagnas.
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1lbs. ground lamb
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup feta
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 16 oz can of whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 packet lasagna sheets
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Arabic seasoning mix ( black pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, and paprika)
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
The recipe has been divided into three parts i.e., preparation of meat sauce, cheese mixture, and lasagna baking.
For the meat sauce:
1. In a large sauté pan, add 2 tbsp. olive oil, onions, and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
2. Add ground beef and lamb. Sauté for about 15 minutes until the meat is browned.
3. Add 1 tbsp. seasoning, sea salt, black peppers, and 1 tsp. fresh oregano. Mix well.
4. Add plum tomatoes and ⅓ cup freshly chopped basil leaves.
5. Let all the ingredients simmer for about 15 minutes on low flame. Turn off the flame and set it aside.
For lasagna sheet:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt. Cook the lasagna sheets in it for 5-6 minutes (leave them slightly undercooked)
For cheese mixture:
- Combine in a large bowl 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1 cup crumbled feta, a handful of fresh basil leaves, sea salt, and 1 tsp. of dried oregano. Mix it well.
1. Add 1 tbsp.of meat sauce as the base.
2. Lay the lasagna sheet. Cut to fit the oven-safe dish.
3. Add 2 tbsp. cheese mixture.
4. Repeat the layering and finish with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake the lasagna in a wood-fired oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.